Sunday, June 10, 2012

i LOVE reading: Danielle Steel - Betrayal


This is my new novel collection arrived last week. Apart from Vampire world novel, I love fiction-romance-drama novel. Novel is my favorite book as lesson book will only get me sleepy to read it. I know, but I enjoy reading novel. Betrayal is intriguing story, yet breath taking. I always love Danielle Steel novel.



Novel summary:
At thirty-nine, Tallie Jones is a Hollywood legend. Her work as a film director is her passion and the center of her life; one after another, her award-winning productions achieve the rare combination of critical and commercial success. With no interest in the perks of her profession or the glitz and glamour of Los Angeles, Tallie maintains close and loving relationships with her college-age daughter and her aging father, and has a happy collaboration with Hunter Lloyd, her respected producing partner, confidant, and live-in lover. Rounding out the circle and making it all work is Brigitte Parker, Tallie’s devoted personal assistant. Friends since film school, they are a study in contrasts, with Brigitte’s polished glamour balancing Tallie’s artless natural beauty, and her hard-driving, highly organized style a protective shield for Tallie’s casual, down-to-earth approach.

As Tallie is in the midst of directing the most ambitious film she has yet undertaken, small disturbances begin to ripple through her well-ordered world. An outside audit reveals troubling discrepancies in the financial records maintained by Victor Carson, Tallie’s longtime, trusted accountant. Mysterious receipts hint at activities of which she has no knowledge. Soon it becomes clear that someone close to Tallie has been steadily funneling away enormous amounts of her money. In the wake of an escalating series of shattering revelations, Tallie will find herself playing the most dangerous game of all—to trap a predator stalking her in plain sight.

In this riveting novel, Danielle Steel reveals the dark side of fame and fortune. At the same time, she brilliantly captures a woman’s will to navigate a minefield of hurt and loss—toward a new beginning.


Review:
Once I read the first Chapter, I could not stop feel curious till I read the second chapter, once I read the second, I want more and more. By no means to exaggerating my feeling but I have read numerous of her novel and always felt that way. 

Betrayal is about betraying  not only love life but also a trust and friendship. The hardest thing is when someone closest to your face who betray you. I guess that's why it's more painful, being betrayed by someone we love most.

I did not read the whole chapter, I'm now reaching chapter 13, but yes. I'm a cheater-reader. I have read the Epilogue on the bottom of the page to find out who did it. Even I know already, I still can't stop reading it once I start to open the book.

I love how Tallie meet a better guy at the end and people who betrayed her had paid the price. How better people hiding their badness, time always find away to reveal the truth.

And I love the quote on the from page as well:
" In each loss there is a gain,
As in every gain there is a loss,
And with each ending comes a new beginning" 
- Buddhist proverb

Book fact:
  • Tittle: Betrayal
  • Author: Danielle Steel 
  • Number of pages: 336
  • ISBN: ISBN 13: 9780593063118 / ISBN 10: 0593063112
  • Published: 01 March 2012 
  • Price :$15.62 for paper pack
  • I bought it HERE

Note:
Bookdepository  is an online store that sell millions of book and what I love much is it's a FREE shipping worldwide to wherever you possibly live. Easy payment with credit card or Paypal. Such an easy way to shop. This site had been my favorite online bookstore ;) so recommended!

They are now held an Ipad giveaway, check below:




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...